The Viral Transport Tube with Flocked Swab (Virus Sampling Kit) is base on Hank’s balanced salt solution. The solution contains inorganic salts, amino acids, and protein-stable ingredients. The VTM has a stable osmotic pressure, which provides an appropriate transport and storage environment for swab samples. Specimens collected with nasopharyngeal or oropharynx swabs are sent to the laboratory for follow-up testing to determine whether been infected with some kinds of viruses.
|Viral Transport Medium (VTM)||Swab Count|
|VM030-1||1 sampling tube with 3.5ml VTM||1 swab|
|VM030-2||2 sampling tube with 3.5ml VTM||2 swabs|
|Main Ingredients||Tube size: 100mmx16mm, 120mmx16mm sodium chloride: 0.8%, potassium chloride: 0.04% calcium chloride: 0.014%, Magnesium sulfate heptahydrate: 0.02% Disodium hydrogen phosphate hetahydrate: 0.012% Potassium dihydrogen phosphate: 0.006%, glucose: 0.1% sodium bicarbonate: 0.035%, phenol red sodium salt: 0.002%|
Viral Transport Tube with flocked Swab Specimen Collection Procedures
1. Use a swab to sample in the nose or throat according to different sampling requirements.
- Nasopharyngeal swab: Gently insert the swab head into the nasal condyle of the nasal passage, stay for a while and then slowly turn it out. Wipe the other nostril with another swab, immerse the swab head in the sampling solution, and discard the tail.
- Oropharynx swab: Wipe the bilateral pharyngeal tonsils and posterior pharyngeal wall with the swab, immerse the swab head in the sampling solution and discard the tail.
2. Insert swab into the sampling tube.
3. Break shaft slowly at the pre-scored line, and tighten the tube cap.
4. Mark the relevant sample information on the label of the sampling tube.
5. Put the collected sample tube in Biohazard Bag
6. Freshly collected clinical specimens should be delivered to the laboratory within 2 hours at 2°C~8°C.
- Temperature: 5~25°C
- Period of validity: 12 months
- Please refer to the outer box for the manufacture date and expiration date.
Qualification of Specimen
- Samples collected with nasopharyngeal or Oropharynx swabs should be transported at 2°C~8°C and submitted for inspection immediately.
- After sampling, transport and storage time for specimen should be no longer than 48hrs.
If the collected sampling solutions turns yellow or turbid, discard it and re-sample with a new piece of kit.
- Contamination of sample during collection process will affect the final results.
- Storing samples at inappropriate temperature will affect the final results.
Product Index (Viral transport tube with Flocked Swab)
1. Viral Transport Medium
- Appearance: Clear pink liquid
- Volume: Not less than the indicated amount (3.5ml)
- pH: 7.0~7.6 at 20°C ~25°C
- Osmolarity: 330±30 mOsm/kg
- Sterility Testing: Negative
2. Swab length: 15cm±0.8cm
3. Glass Bead Diameter: 3.0mm ±0.8mm
4. Product Performance
The virus samples are store in the virus sampling kit at 2°C-8°C for 48h, and the RT-PCR nucleic acid test is positive.
5. Batch-to-batch Stability
Three consecutive batches of products should meet the requirements of the above mentioned point 1~3
- This product is for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) use only.
- This product is intended for using by trained laboratory personnel only.
- Gloves and masks should be worn for personal security while using the product.
- Discarded specimen collection liquid should be treated by moist heat sterilization in advance
- Do not use the VTM if it is out of date, turns yellow or becomes leaked.